Vestholm Castle

A completely unofficial fansite for The Settlers: Rise of an Empire.

Forums

Forum Home > The Storehouse > General Conference: Queenie

Rose
Site Owner

Now that Hakim's out of the way, we need to decide on at least some very basic details for Queenie. There's only so long we can be non-specific for. We need a name, approximate age, and appearance. To the ideas cave, Robin!

--

"If you're looking for someone who is utterly loyal and devoted to you, someone who never questions your motivations or decisions, someone who will always adore and comfort you without ever asking a single thing in return, get a pet dog." ~ Crimson Sabatt

November 4, 2010 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rose
Site Owner

I nominate Gwyneth.

--

"If you're looking for someone who is utterly loyal and devoted to you, someone who never questions your motivations or decisions, someone who will always adore and comfort you without ever asking a single thing in return, get a pet dog." ~ Crimson Sabatt

November 4, 2010 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockerduck
Administrator

I'm undecided. While I was of the opinion Queenie needed a fresh name I'm now leaning towards a more classic approach. Y'know, to kinda blend in with her previous mysterious and nameless un-appearance.

Elizabeth?

--

"I notice that the Knights of Darion seem to live their lives within the lines of a poor romance ballad, but that is irrelevant."

November 5, 2010 at 4:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rose
Site Owner

Well, Elizabeth is a very royal name.

Heather, any ideas?

--

November 6, 2010 at 3:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockerduck
Administrator

... and somehow, it would be so very right to use it, too.

--

"I notice that the Knights of Darion seem to live their lives within the lines of a poor romance ballad, but that is irrelevant."

November 6, 2010 at 3:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rose
Site Owner

Anne. Catherine. Mary. Victoria. British history is full of queenly names.

Rose? :P

--

November 6, 2010 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockerduck
Administrator

Teehee! My mom's name, actually. Rosemary. ;-)

--

November 7, 2010 at 4:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

heatherek

oh, point taken.

OK, but I still think we should marry our Queen at some point ^^

November 7, 2010 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

heatherek

I mean, arrange her marriage.

November 7, 2010 at 4:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockerduck
Administrator

What, wait, weren't you against it when I suggested this for a hilarious fic?

--

November 7, 2010 at 4:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

heatherek

When was that? My memory if faulty.

A total parody, you mean? :D

November 7, 2010 at 4:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

heatherek

-cutting the offtopic-

November 7, 2010 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rose
Site Owner

Hey, discussing the Queen's marriage prospects on a thread about her is not offtopic. 

Discussing that other, spoilerful matter, however, is. I've x-ed the posts relating to it. We can discuss it in the Rook and Pony if you like, but such matters are not for the Storehouse. 

And Rocky, I can see you opening your mouth from here. I know the likelihood of anyone else reading this forum is minuscule, but it's the principle of the thing. 

--

November 7, 2010 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rose
Site Owner

Okay, I seem to have killed the thread. :/ 

The biggest priority right now for Queenie is a name. I don't think I can take referring to her with merely pronouns much longer. I'm going to set up a poll with the seemingly most popular options on FF.N. You'll be able to get to it from my profile. 

--

November 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rose
Site Owner

Okay, pretty much everyone's ignored the poll. But that's okay, because I have a brilliant new inspiration! Raina. Apparently it's originally derived from the French for Queen. Alternative spelling is Raine. Nicely generically Queenish, while still Western European.

Thoughts?

--

November 24, 2010 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockerduck
Administrator

Oh, I don't know. I'd fancy a longer name but I haven't come up with anything useful yet. I'll give this some thought tomorrow and post a couple of suggestions.

--

November 24, 2010 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

heatherek

Queen Rainnamel [Raina] Corlabia de Gordonwell? :D

November 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockerduck
Administrator

Crim: And I thought my name was a mess.
Hakim: Don't even get me started...

--

November 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

heatherek

I'm being serious here! :D

November 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockerduck
Administrator

Moar names! Or I'm gonna suggest Freda.

--

November 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.